Shipyard Staffing is currently seeking a Laborer/Crane Walker in San Diego, CA
Laborer/Crane Walker Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
The Laborer must possess knowledge, skills, and abilities sufficient to assist all trades as directed by competent authority. A laborer will serve as a helper to welders, act as a Firewatch, and be qualified to serve as a fork lift driver. The following is a list of typical work that the Laborer might be asked to perform:
- Serve as a Fire Watch for hot work operations and assist in preparation of materials for welding operations; loads/unloads equipment, materials, and suppliers
- Qualified on and drive various forklifts in support of all trades.
- Maintain gas welding cylinders in storage areas in safe condition on ships and shops.
- Scale, sand, grind, and wire wheel brushes surfaces to prepare for welding.
- Assist in good housekeeping aboard ships and shops and assists welders in placing welding cable and hose on job sites help expedite the job.
- Assist covering Ship’s equipment with protective coverings and remove when complete where welding is being performed.
- Assist in installing heater strips and ventilation in relation to welding in progress.
- Assist other trade workers (electricians, painters, insulators, etc) as assigned by competent authority
Laborer/Crane Walker Requirements:
- Must pass background and drug screenings
- Must be U.S. Citizen
- Must be 18 years of age or older
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shipyard Staffing Benefits
- Medical Coverage
- Referral Bonus Program
At Shipyard Staffing we are "Empowering the People who Empower the World". Construction and Defense contractors are the ones on the front lines building the infrastructure and assets that power our nation. We aim to make placement easier and more accessible while providing a better experience for these contractors and clients.
Shipyard Staffing is a drug free company. Shipyard Staffing is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.